Most of the time, auto owners in Arizona get confused about whether they should get the broken windshield repaired or it should be replaced. Well, this decision must be taken very carefully. There are numbers of factors that you need to consider while making a decision regarding this matter. Primarily, the decision is associated with whether you are able to drive the car with the right visibility and safety. Other than this, one may need to consider the size, location, and depth of the crack to determine whether it should be repaired or replaced.
How to decide whether to repair or replace the broken windshield?
Well, it is usually difficult to decide for beginners; professionals advise to go through these facts to handle your repair and replacement related issues:
The windshield can be repaired if:
- The damage fixing will not affect the safe driving conditions in terms of collision and impact.
- When the crack on the windshield is shorter than 12 inches or the chip is less than 1-inch dimension.
- In case if the damage occurred only to the outer layer of the glass.
- The crack is not so close to the outer margin on auto glass.
The windshield can be replaced if:
- You must choose a replacement windshield when the broken parts hinder normal visibility of the driver.
- When the crack covers the area longer than 14 inches with bullseye having a larger dimension than 3 inches.
- If the inner glass is also broken.
- Consider replacement if the damage has reached the other edge or corner of the windshield.
Major factors to consider while making a decision about repair and replacement:
Below we have highlighted some of the most important factors that one should consider while deciding about repair or replacement:
Well, while driving a vehicle on the road, safety is the prime concern. One should not drive with the broken windshield; otherwise, it may lead to serious accidents. Generally, the windshield is designed to enhance the structural integrity of the automobile; but it usually gets weakened by damage. One should consider replacing it fast if the broken windshield is going to harm the safety measures.
The second important factor that you need to consider is about visibility. When the driver is not able to watch clearly out of the windshield, it is important to fix the issue as soon as possible. When the scratch of crack falls in the line of vision, it is better to replace rather doing the repair.
Although many advanced tools and methods have been invented by experts to fix issues related to windshield repair; there are still few limitations in this process. When the cracks or scratches have gone beyond the range of 12 inches, the shield must be replaced fast.
One may also need to consider the overall depth of the damage on the glass. It is good to do replacement when the crack has broken the entire glass up to inner layer as well. If the damage is limited to the external layer only, it can be fixed by following a few trustworthy repair procedures.